Guide to Locking Down a Mobile Computer with SOTI MobiControl
Trying to lockdown a mobile computer with SOTI MobiControl to restrict users to only specific applications? Our IT Specialist will show you step-by-step how to lockdown your mobile computers! If you have any questions, call us at (800) 585-9030.
- Launch SOTI's MobiControl software and select 'Profiles' from the top left menu on the main dashboard.
- Click 'New Profile', select 'Android Work Managed', and name the profile.
- In 'Configurations', add 'Authentication', set a password, then add 'Lockdown' to the configurations.
- In the Lockdown configuration, click the plus sign to add an application to the home screen. Add a display name.
- In the 'Package Name of Script File or URL' section, type Launch:// and provide the package name for the application (can be obtained from the software vendor or Applications tab on the device dashboard after installation).
- Save the settings and select 'Save and Assign'. Choose the group or individual devices where the profile will be assigned, then click 'Assign'.
- Go back to the device's dashboard, click on the device, and go to the 'Configurations' tab. Verify that the 'Authentication' profile and 'Lockdown' have been installed.
- If you wish for visual confirmation, use the 'Remote Control' setting. This will open a new tab and show the lockdown screen.
- Check the device to ensure the lockdown has been implemented correctly.