Product Review: Zebra TC53 vs Zebra TC52ax
Selecting the ideal mobile computer for your warehouse can be challenging. In this article and accompanying video, we explore the Zebra TC53 and TC52, highlighting their similarities, differences, and standout features such as screen size, drop specs, battery life, and Zebra's range of applications, ensuring you have all the information needed to choose the perfect device for your needs.
The TC53 and TC52ax share several key features:
- Scan engines: Both devices come with either a standard range or a longer range scan engine, with a maximum range of up to 40 feet.
- Connectivity: Both models are offered in WLAN and WAN, with LTE capabilities for outside-the-four-walls use.
- Wi-Fi 6 capabilities: Both devices are compatible with Wi-Fi 6, making them future-proof for leveraging this technology.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) batteries: They both have the capability to use BLE batteries, enabling compatibility with Zebra's Device Tracker application.
Despite their similarities, the TC53 and TC52ax have some notable differences:
- Screen size: The TC53 has a 6-inch screen, compared to the 5-inch screen of the TC52ax, providing more screen real estate for a better user experience.
- Drop specs: The TC53 has a higher drop spec of 5 feet, while the TC52ax has a 4-foot drop spec. However, adding a rubber boot to both devices can increase their drop spec to 6 feet.
- Technology and features: The TC53 is a more modern device with newer technology, a faster processor, and additional applications like a measuring tool from Zebra.
When deciding between the TC53 and TC52ax, there are additional factors to consider:
- Upgrading from previous models: If you're upgrading from a TC51 or TC52 model, the TC52ax may be more cost-effective because its accessories are backward compatible with these earlier models.
- 5G capabilities: If you need 5G capabilities for faster connectivity outside the four walls, the TC53 is the better choice.
- Ruggedness: The TC53 has a higher ruggedness rating, making it a better option for users who may be rough on their devices.
- Android versions: The TC53 is promised to receive updates through Android 16, while the TC52ax is only promised through Android 14, making the TC53 more future-proof.
Both the TC53 and TC52ax mobile computers are excellent choices for warehouse and manufacturing settings. When deciding which device is best for your organization, consider their similarities, differences, and other factors discussed in this blog post. If you have any questions or need guidance in finding the best device for your organization, feel free to reach out to Liberty Systems.